The MCWO promotes women’s equality and provides opportunities for women and women’s organisations to network and work together to achieve equality. There are currently 16 organisations affiliated to the MCWO.
There are two types of membership of the Malta Confederation of Women’s Organisations :
- Affiliate members (organisations and groups)
- Supporting members (individuals or groups who do not meet the criteria to be an affiliate)
How to become an Affiliate Member of MCWO
What are the criteria to become an affiliate member of the MCWO?
- A Women’s section or committee of a larger national organisation, such as a trade union etc.
- An Organisation, where women comprise the majority of the membership.
Each application for Affiliate membership is checked against the statute, and is then passed to the Confederation for approval.
Affiliate fees for Organisations are €80 yearly.
Download an affiliate membership application form here.
How to become a Supporting Member of MCWO
Supporting membership is open to all individuals and groups who do not meet the criteria above but wish to support the mission and work of the MCWO.
Supporting membership costs €12 per year, €5 per year if unwaged/student.
Download a supporting membership application form here.
If you would like further information on joining the MCWO please e-mail our membership administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need as many members as possible to join the MCWO. We can only be as strong as our membership and we need and value your important contribution to the campaign for women’s equality.
As a member of the MCWO you can:
- Receive up to date information on key policy developments affecting women. We can provide you with a broad range of information relating to women’s rights, equality and social inclusion.
- Avail of training provided by staff of the NWCI on the themes of lobbying and campaigning, policy work and effective representation.
- Publicise your group, your events and the issues you are concerned about, on our website,and at our events.
- Attend MCWO events and network with other national women’s organisations and women from a broad range of sectors including community, academic, business, trade union and other groups.
- Participate in our campaigns and contribute to our policy submissions.
- Contact the MCWO Information service by emailing email@example.com if you have any queries relating to the work of the MCWO.